14oz (392g) Fresh Ground Beef Chuck
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
4 oz (112g) quality cheddar cheese curds
- Season beef with the salt and pepper and divide into half
- Roll into ball shape
- Toss the ball shape between hands for 30 seconds to bind.
- Push thumb into the middle of the ball to create a hole for the curds
- Stuff each patty with 2 oz of the curds
- Form into a patty and chill
Cooking the Burger
There are many ways to cook a hamburger. Preferred method is on a flat top griddle, but not everyone has that at home. Next best is a cast iron skillet on your BBQ.
Light your BBQ and get it nice and hot. Place cast iron pan on BBQ and close lid to heat up the cast iron.
- Season the outside of the patty with Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Place on the cast iron pan for 4-5 minutes per side or until firm to the touch.
- With about 2 minutes left on the second side, add a slice of aged cheddar if you wish!
- If you know where your meat is coming from, the best burger is cooked medium to medium well. Still a bit of pink, but no blood.